Monday, October 6, 2008

A Thousand Reasons Why...

I could name a thousand reasons why I write. Unfortunately, the dozen reasons NOT to write seem to be lately winning out more than I would like:

1. Illness by many around me.

2. A dirty house.

3. Laundry. Does it ever end?

4. Children need played with.

5. I need to exercise.

6. Children need fed.

7. Internet. Why does "researching" the industry take precedence even at 4:30 am??

8. Paying bills.

9. New episodes of The Office.

10. A really good book.

11. Church responsibilities.

12. Last of the season barbecues.

(And I might as well include 13 and 14 as well, since I'm being so honest.)

13. Helping at my daughter's school.

14. Long, hot baths.

BUT on a positive note, Courtesy and Patience has been through a few rough drafts now and the new Cierra and the Sands of Tyne is outlined and started. It's tentatively called The Lost Bloodstone and CSOT becomes more of a prequel with its creation. So really, despite the distractions, the thousand reasons to write are proving tough opponents (but not as much as I would like).

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how tough it must be to write with two little ones!! Jon has a lot of things holding him back now and he's not even out of college yet! I guess there's always something :) I'm excited to read more of your book's drafts/chapters!

    ReplyDelete