I could name a thousand reasons why I write. Unfortunately, the dozen reasons NOT to write seem to be lately winning out more than I would like:
1. Illness by many around me.
2. A dirty house.
3. Laundry. Does it ever end?
4. Children need played with.
5. I need to exercise.
6. Children need fed.
7. Internet. Why does "researching" the industry take precedence even at 4:30 am??
8. Paying bills.
9. New episodes of The Office.
10. A really good book.
11. Church responsibilities.
12. Last of the season barbecues.
(And I might as well include 13 and 14 as well, since I'm being so honest.)
13. Helping at my daughter's school.
14. Long, hot baths.
BUT on a positive note, Courtesy and Patience has been through a few rough drafts now and the new Cierra and the Sands of Tyne is outlined and started. It's tentatively called The Lost Bloodstone and CSOT becomes more of a prequel with its creation. So really, despite the distractions, the thousand reasons to write are proving tough opponents (but not as much as I would like).