Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hi, my name is Jackee and I'm a bookaholic...

I love books.

I assume most of you are the same way (since you're reading this blog). I usually have to leave my wallet in the car if I go to a bookstore, or at least take my frugal husband along. And never is the there more danger for checking account overdraft as there is at Christmas. Not because of Christmas presents, but because of books for myself and kids. I just can't help it! I see all the gorgeous Christmas books and I lose control, like hundreds of dollars out of control. This year is particularly bad because there have been some very great books that have come out. Here are a few that my kids and I have loved this year:


We love Marley, and if you need a non-Christmas one for a child, check out Bad Dog, Marley.


This is definitely a favorite of the year. The rhyming meter starts off a bit rough, but the rest of the book makes up for it. Particularly the pictures: they are beautiful and my five-year-old will read anything with dinos besides.


This was my favorite of the year. It's short, but it made me both laugh and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm still looking around for miracles, after this read! :)

These aren't new, but they're are yearly reads that we love:













































No comments:

Post a Comment