Saturday, February 14, 2009

From Trash to Class

I have a lot of little (or big, depending on how you look at it) things on my mind today, so here they are, in no particular order:
1.
These little people just make me glow these days. How I love them! I'm so happy to be a mom and love the stage of life I'm in right now. That little man in front turns 2 today and I can't even begin to tell you how much that shocks me! They grow so fast!
2.
My WIP is going gothic! I never thought I had it in me to write a gothic-ish romance, but given the emotional turmoil the poor he and she in the story have been through, they are a bit... jaded. Nothing too dark. I don't think I have dark in me, but given the traits of Eastern Europeans and the medieval setting, this novel is darker than others I've tried my hand at. Such a contrast to my last, light-hearted middle grade caper!
3.
I'm thinking about cutting my hair. It's really long now and since I had The Boy, it's become so thin. And though it's too expensive (and pointless this late in the game) to have it made into a wig for my mom, I'll still send it to Locks of Love, of course.
4.
I'm ready for winter to end. There, I complained when I said I wouldn't. I try never to complain about the weather here in N AZ, since we need as much precipitation as we can get... but I NEED to get out and hike. I'm becoming a bit stir-crazy. Guess I should to go visit some place warm for awhile.
5.
I'm thinking of changing garbage companies--to one that picks up recycling as well as waste. You probably laughed at that one because it seems like such a silly thing, but it's hard for me to get out of the fifteen year mind set of 6 bins in the garage to sort my papers, plastics, glass, and what-not. Changing means no transporting and sorting it myself, but will it all fit in that one little can? Will they sort it and really recycle it? How much more money is it going to be? Switching trash companies is trivial, but habits are habits and hard to break.
6.
I went to the Kindergarten Valentine's Day party yesterday. How would it be, do you think, if adults were more like six year olds--so grateful for every little paper note given and be friends as a whole entire group? We have a lot of remembering to do, to become better to one another.
7.
Thanks for all the great responses I'm getting for The Last Lecture Project. I'm truly excited about this and have a few interviews I'll be posting soon. Remember, you don't need to ask all of the questions, just ones that you feel fit the situation. It's intimidating, asking someone those questions, but after the initial discomfort, it feels so rewarding. Send your stories whenever you want and there's no rush or pressure. I'll just post them perioidically as I get them.

1 comment:

  1. i love this pic of the kids, it shows my favorite features (his gorgeous, soulful eyes and her cute, elfin princess ears) to perfection.
    I think you should wait to cut your hair, enjoy the growing now, while you can! :) anyway, post a pic before you do... i would like to see how long it has gotten. (I miss having hair)
    Hope you guys had a happy valentines/birthday. call me when you get a chance, i didnt want to bug you while mom and dad are visiting, and i did try that afternoon.

    ReplyDelete