Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Small and Simple Means

I always say that I want to make a great difference in the world one day, but my friend Kathryn sent this to me and it made me think about what REALLY matters:
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schulz, the creator of the 'Peanuts' comic strip.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
See how you do on this one:

1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
It really is the little actions that make a difference, isn't it? One person at a time...

3 comments:

  1. I've read that before and I love it! It's so true. We touch "little" lives here and there every day and make BIG differences. I always hope that by the end of my life I'll make one of those lists for somebody. But the funny thing is, I might not even remember them or who they are. It makes me want to do the best in everything I can so that when I do cross that ONE person who will remember me, it's for a positive reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score 1 for the little guy! You never know how your actions affect others...by the way, your name came to mind several times when I read YOUR questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that made me cry! And by the way, you are so on that list!

    ReplyDelete