Sunday, March 8, 2009

Last Lecture #1

Here is our first submission for The Last Lecture Project. Remember, everyone is entitled to say whatever they want and I have no wish to change their words. I reserve that right only if it's unsanitary (hey, it's my blog). A little about this person: they are neither old nor ill. Way to have your life figured out well before this point, submitter!

#1's ANSWERS:

1. What is the one accomplishment or event you are most proud of in your life?
I am soooo glad I can still say that I am active in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love being a Mormon. I know I would not have met my husband or be raising my children the same way with out it. I would not be the person I am today without my faith in Jesus Christ.

2. What was the most amazing thing you have seen happen in your lifetime so far?
Without a doubt giving birth to each one of my babies and watching them grow and develop is the most amazing thing I have seen happen in my lifetime. I still look at their little chubby hands and feet and feel so grateful for life and all that it entails. It truly amazes me that something so complete and so perfect can come from inside me. I think the process of life is an amazing miracle!

3. What is a piece of advice you wish someone would have given you early on in your life?
I really wish someone would have convinced me to save money when I first got married by investing in a R.V. or motorhome to live in so that I wouldn't have wasted all that money on rent. I know it sounds weird, but I really could have had a lot more fun adventures with my husband if we would have done so.

4. What was the most valuable lesson you learned from your parents or guardians?
To LOVE my kids. To me that means to support them in all their dreams, interests and goals. It means to teach them right from wrong, and all that has been learned from one's own experiences.

5. Who were your childhood heroes?
All the elite and Olympic gymnasts and beauty queens. AND JESUS CHRIST!

6. What has made you happiest in your life?
My happiness comes from the simplest perfect moments, like being in a park for a picnic with my family and seeing a brilliant blue butterfly flitter by. Or hearing my son say something so hilarious that my eyes start to leak (as he says).

7. If there’s one thing you could say to your great-great-great grandchildren, what would it be? All you need is LOVE!!!

8. What is something you want people to remember about you?
To HUG and pass it on!

2 comments:

  1. I love your list! I asked my older sister to answer these questions like two weeks ago and so far, nothing back :( Maybe Jon and I should invest in an RV...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it. This person was our brave first and deserves a whole lot of credit, I think!

    Thanks for your comment, Steph.

    ReplyDelete