Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Incidents I know some day I'll laugh at, but for now...

I would say this only happens at my house, but I'm sure people with kids can relate:

This morning it took 10 minutes of chasing The Boy, or AKA The 2 Year Old, around the house to get him into the bath. When I finally did catch him, his defense mechanisms kicked in and he proceeded to wipe his gooey, green, boogery nose all over my arm. Now, this wouldn't have been so bad if I had been expecting it, but I had no idea his nose was runny. Then while I was washing the disgusting sludge off my arm and his face, he peed on my feet. And I would have been upset about this except he looked down at his plumbing so confused, like, "How did that thing go off so suddenly?"

I almost laughed. Almost.

The upside? When I set him in the bath he said (for the first time ever), "I sorry, Mom."

Some day I'll laugh. Just give me a minute.

6 comments:

  1. The "I sorry, Mom" is probably the part you will remember some day! :) How cute is it that he knew to say sorry. What a great kid, despite the mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those days a couple of weeks ago...Rylen had a couple of accidents (almost never happens!), Bright peed on me twice, and spit up all over me. Yep, one of those days! Ohhh...it's much funnier when it happens to someone else. Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW CUTE! I know, I know, you're thinking: "How can anyone think that peeing on my feet and rubbing snot on my arm is CUTE??" but it was the "I sorry" part. The part where he realized that he made you sad and he wanted to fix it and that deep down, he'll always be your little boy, and you'll always understand that being a boy means he usually doesn't have any idea what he's doing until it's all over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, but I am laughing already.... :) That is so cute! I love gross little boys;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was actually kind of funny. Sorry, I did laugh at it. I hope by today you are laughing at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that I was laughing as soon as I was clean. The "I sorry" and big, puppy eyes did it.

    ReplyDelete