Friday, July 3, 2009

Characters Unleashed

Yesterday I was a bit down on myself because my WIP still isn't done. Then I looked at the calendar and became really frustrated: I only have 4 more weeks before this other rugrat comes! I need to get cracking, in other words.



To cheer myself up, last night I worked on my characters and for kicks and giggles, cast them as if the book were a movie. It cheered me up right away because it was so much fun! Here are a few:





Leena's Dad: A cross between John Goodman and Ricky Gervais.Can't picture it? Think of Goodman's hair and personality overlaid with Gervais' face. (Feel free to laugh here. It IS a weird mix.)




Leena (Semolina Pilchard): A swizzle between a new actress, Monica McCarthy, and Zooey Deshanel.








Tristan: A Dylanesque version Hugh Dancy. I would have a put a picture of Bob on here but I didn't want to scare you. Just imagine Dancy as THAT type of music/artist.




Max: He would be cast as Paul Walker if we could hide him in 12" platform heels. Max is taller than Walker, but has that blond, dumb jock stigma. And yes, Max would run around without his shirt on too (he thinks he's a model because he posed for one Kmart underwear ad).





Molly: This is really actress Summer Hagen. She looks so sweet and innocent, like Molly looks in my mind. But the sweet and innocent ends there with Molly. Really, Molly is a raging ball of hormones, which has made writing about her really entertaining, what with the contrast between her looks and actions.





There you have it, a partial cast to my latest novel. I don't know if the thing will ever see the light of day, but it's sure fun to write. Hurray for first drafts--they are entitled to suck. And hurray for babies, may this one like to sleep through writing sessions like my last one did!



Oh, and...

HAPPY FOURTH, EVERYONE!


Spend the day thinking about your personal freedoms. That's what I'm going to try and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment