Saturday, August 29, 2009

Too Late Now!

I've noticed a trend with my three children:
Child #1 (b. 2003): Read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy while pregnant. Read The Silmarillion immediately postpartum and Harry Potter #4 while still nursing.
Anecdotal Observation: Child #1 has pointy ears that bend out at the tips.
Child #2 (b. 2007): Read several non-fiction titles (especially books about writing) and middle-grade historical fiction during pregnancy and while nursing.
Anecdotal Observation: Child #2 and has normal, rounded ears that stick close to his head.
Child #3 (b. 2009): Read My Fair Godmother, Princess of the Midnight Ball, the Percy Jackson series, and Artemis Fowl #6 while pregnant and read Brisingr while postpartum.
Anecdotal Observation: Child #3 has pointy ears that bend out at the tips.
That proves it then: My poor parenting choices have sadly turned 2 out of 3 of my children into elves.
What have I done?!

2 comments:

  1. That's ok, I think Kassidy's ears are cute so I am sure Audrey's are just fine. Is she enjoying school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha....that's funny! At least they didn't turn out to be trolls or orcs or something...they chose the cuter species:)

    ReplyDelete