Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Day of Thanks

May you have:
  • Plenty of elastic waist-banded pants
  • More marshmallows and butter than is good for a dish (or the elastic-banded waist)
  • Vegetables you can't find through the butter and/or sugar
  • An abundance of tryptophan in your turkey
  • More food than table room
  • Time to exercise it off in the coming weeks
  • More writing time than cooking and baking time
  • Too many friends and family surrounding you
  • A pile of dirty dishes that magically disappear
  • And good books to help you recover
  • Happy Thanksgiving to all!

5 comments:

  1. You forgot the chocolate...you know how I am about chocolate! :)
    Oh...and I'm right there with you on the dishes that magically disappear! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't forget the chocolate. I had solid dark chocolate turkeys for the name settings and they were a big hit. :) The kids forgot all about the food and whined for those first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That DOES sound like a magical thanksgiving :) I hope yours was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! love it. this year we hosted and I said, 'whoever doesn't help clean is offering to have it at their house next year'. everyone laughed, but guess what? no on scooted out w/out helping clean up. it was a good thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year a few friends of ours all got together and thought we'd be geniuses and have a progressive dinner. It turns out Progressive Dinner is really short for Progressive-messes-and-a-little-bit-of-dinner-mixed-in. And being the sucker for punishment that I am, I volunteered for the main courses for my house. (Really, it wasn't as bad as I make it sound.)

    ReplyDelete