Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Grown Up Christmas Wish

In November my husband was in New York for business and stopped by Tiffany's to window shop with a couple colleagues. When he came home, I teased him a bit about going in and not buying me a thing. Now, if you know me, you know that I'm not much of a jewelry person and would never spend money on such things. (Give me a fancy tent instead! Or feed a family in need!)


But still I teased my husband, not meaning anything by it. He is fun to tease, after all. It's one of the reasons I married him.
Yesterday there was this little package under my tree. He decided I needed something from Tiffanys.com after not seeing anything that "looked like me" in the store. What do you say to such a thoughtful husband?
This:
"You mean you jogged around Central Park and didn't bring me back an agent?"
So, Steve, thanks for the pretty little earrings but next time you're in NY, can you get a book contract for me? I promise that many of those will "look like me".

6 comments:

  1. Hilarious! While he's there, have him pick up a few extra contracts. Much more practical than earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany,exactly! I have a feeling he'd do it too if he could. But then, I don't think I want contracts from people held hostage. It would kind of create a hostile working environment I would think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should still take the earrings. They might come in handy to "seal the deal" with an agent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Even though you didn't get an agent from Steve, I bet the earrings were pretty nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebekah: Ha! You can bet I kept the earrings too. We'll call them my "lucky" earrings. You can borrow them too, crit bud.

    Steph: Love the new picture. And I'll take the earrings and be grateful. I guess. If I have to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it!!!! The sentimental sappy part of me (which is the majority of me) is so supremely jealous that you have a Tiffany box in your posession! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! TEll Steve how proud I am of him! Good man, good man!

    ReplyDelete