Friday, February 19, 2010

Search and Find Friday #1

A NEW FEATURE! A NEW FEATURE!
I just had to scream that. Sorry. I'm fine now.
But hey! Just so we're clear, I'm trying a new feature to this here blog.
Blogging is a community affair and I thought it might be a fun to play a game. You ready? Here it is:

I choose a blog post (posted between Wednesday and Friday) from one of my followers, I'll give you a hint about the post, and you then search and find the author of the post. The first one to post the blogger's name wins some little prize I'll think of.
So a scavenger hunt? Yeah. So kind of like a scavenger hunt. But a win/win one, since the winner gets a prize and my friends get more traffic to their blogs. Fun, fun, I say.

Here's the procedure: I will post the clue/hint every other Friday by 5 pm MST and then you recognize the blog-post-author (or blogger) and put you answer in the comments. The first to do so wins. The only exclusion? If it's your blog post I'm refering to, you can't enter. But you can play another day.

So here's today's clue because this post really made me laugh:
Mama writers are loaded with story junk in their brains and often have no time for other hobbies. (Much less listening to their kids when they talk.)

So there... have at it! Identify who blogged about it and provide the link.
This week's prize: a $5 gift certificate to Amazon.

Good luck! May the fastest typing hand win!

ETA: This contest was supposed to be scheduled to post on Friday and I accidently had it for Monday instead. Oops! Sorry!

20 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I clicked around, but can't find the post. And I really wanted to! Sounds like a hoot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anissa,

    If no one knows, I'll be sure to tell you because it WAS funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I read that. Hmmm -was it Suzette's blog??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking, I'm looking...haven't found it yet. Great idea for a new feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Anissa, this is a fun idea! I think it was Suzette at Shooting Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! Jemi and L. T., you're sooo close! It was on Shooting Stars, but it wasn't Suzette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea where this quote came from, but this is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for Myrna! She's our winner. Email me (jackee.alston(at)gmail(dot)com) for your prize.

    Thanks for playing, ladies. I'll have another one in a couple weeks. I had fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha ha ha ha! I'm laughing so hard! This was so much fun to find. I'm totally blogging about this, Jackee! (Plus it helps me know that Bethany and I need to add siggys to our posts!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a fun idea. I will be back for next weeks! monday or friday?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Myrna: You're very welcome!

    Suzette: I'm so dense it took me a minute to know what siggys meant. LOL! I love you gal's blog and I'm thinking every other Friday I'll play a scavenger game with a different follower.

    SB: Check back next Friday for another scavenger hunt. And thanks a billion for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, Jackee! Sounds like fun! I hope this goes well with me if you should choose me cuz I get so lost with instructions!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elizabeth, I pinky swear to make them ultra-easy. It's all about fun, not stress! :)

    And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad I made you laugh! Thanks for making my day.

    --Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Jackee! I must've been out of it when I read this post last. LOL. This is such a wonderful way to honor your followers! I love it!!

    I am digging around my brain for something like that over at my blog... You are so creative. :D

    LOVE IT!!!

    PS--thank you for following my blog--I feel so special!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bethany: You're welcome. Thanks for making mine last week.

    Elizabeth: You're welcome to the following. I'm excited to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete