Friday, March 12, 2010

Apology

I want to apologize to you all for not being around the blogosphere. I haven't responded back to the thoughtful messages that have been left for me and haven't visited nearly as many of your blogs as I'd like. My excuses are normal excuses and I make no excuses for them:

1. My kids have needed me. We've had croup, cavities, and a nasty cold that have made my kids act nastier than the nastiest I've ever seen them act. Ever. Nasty.

2. I had another full request. Only this time it was for a hard copy, which out of all the ones I've had, this is the first request for oh you know, actual paper and a cover letter. It's been a revelation getting that together and has taken me longer than I anticipated. I mean, who knew a brand new printer would run out of ink just when you actually have something important to print? Or that in all the house I couldn't find TWO MORE PAGES of unscribbled, uncut, kid-mess-free computer paper to finish off the printing once I did track down new ink cartridges in my podunk town? I feel for all my writing forbearers who worked before email attachments to say the least.

3. We're headed out for Spring Break vacation today and I've been trying to get that ready. Huzzah for a lodge and an ATV!

While these are good things (okay, not the sickness, but the kids for sure), I've missed you! And my husband can laugh all he wants about my virtual friends, but I think it's wonderful to have you all with me on this... journey? obsession? (I'll stick with journey.)

In other news, stayed tuned on Wednesday for an interview with a super-secret author. I'll give you a hint: her tween novel comes out Tuesday, March 16th! Track that name down if you can.

Happy Friday to you all!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, Jackee - good luck on your full manuscript request!

    Choosing your children, a vacation, and trying to get published over blogger friends? I'll let it slide since you say that you're still obsessed.

    Printers are the enemies of writers. Once, I wrote a post about mine:
    http://theresamilstein.blogspot.com/2009/10/sidetracked-submissions.html

    Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the hard copy!!

    And Have a great time on your vacation!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the full! So exciting :)

    My kids and hubby roll their eyes and use air quotes when they talk about my online friends - they don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another full? How awesome is that?! CONGRATULATIONS and GOOD LUCK!

    As for being absent, don't worry about it. This is a pressure-free zone. We all go AWOL once in a while. Life tends to force the issue at times. So...no apologies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the full request!

    *hugs* Croup is no fun. I hope you all get feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the full request. That's awesome! Good luck!

    I have something for you on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A full request is an awesome excuse for not being here.

    I hope your kids feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the full. It's hard work printing out a whole manuscript! Hope you are all feeling healthy again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck on the full-request! I'm crossing all fingers and toes for you!

    Come back soon when you can. Life's wild and I understand how it goes. Just take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on the full! That is SUCH a good sign. Fingers crossed. Have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the request. I'm looking forward to the interview. I love Lindsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the full request!!! So exciting. Amazing this all used to happen via snail mail, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the full request! I know exactly what you mean about the printer running out of ink and scrambling to find decent paper. That seems to happen to me every time I have something important to print out. Sure makes you appreciate email. Have an awesome vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jackee, For some reason when you visited my blog, you went to my old one. Back in January, I switched servers, and so the previous blog is still out there and that's why the most recent post was from January. If you google my name the current one should pop up first. I'll have to take care of this somehow. Thanks for commenting or I wouldn't have realized this was a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for your full request! And I'm pretty sure new printers only come with enough ink to print the test page. That's how they get ya! LOL.

    Have a great spring break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the full request. I hope to be joining you in that type of stuff soon. =0)

    And do not worry about us. We are all there. When you need us. As you know, this has weighed heavily on me, too. But I know that there are times when we just can't blog. Period.

    Oh, and your town sounds like my town. Nothing here except for Walmart. =) Sometimes they have my ink and sometimes they don't.

    A vacation? Ahhhhh, if only... Have fun. Eat lots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your full request and thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete