Sunday, March 21, 2010

Awards for the first day of SPRING!

There's always a reason to celebrate awards! This time it's SPRING today!


Sunshine Award

Thanks to Abby Annis for this award! You rock the blogosphere.

1. I’ve been an obsessive recycler for the last fifteen years. To the point where every scrap of paper, plastic, aluminum, and glass must go into the proper bin.
2. I once had only 3-5% body fat, back when I was in great shape at 18, 19, and 20. (Backpacking fifteen miles every day all summer had its benefits.) Don’t ask me what I am now.
3. I love Thai and Indian food, especially if the dish involves coconut milk.
4. I know I'll miss the days I can’t push a jogging stroller around on my daily walks. I’ve become so accustomed to the weight in front of me, I’ll feel weird without it.
5. I get my best story ideas from the frequently detailed, vivid dreams I have. None about sparkling vampires yet, though.


Rules, should you choose to accept them:

1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
2. Pass the award to 5 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
6. Share 5 things about yourself



From Me to You Award

Thanks to Myrna Foster for this one!

Rules:

1. Tell seven things about yourself.
2. Pass it on.



(I’m going to squeak by and continue the list from above.)

6. The day before high school graduation I decided to chop my long hair completely off to only about two inches in length. No, I was NOT drunk. But I did get asked that a few times that day. (Most people knew I didn’t drink.)

7. I threw up in a helicopter once chasing nesting peregrine falcons. I’d often been up in the air, and had never been sick before. I got teased a lot about my “puny girl stomach” by the guys I worked with, since before I’d been touted for my iron stomach. When they found out it was more morning sickness than motion sickness, they cut me a little slack. But just a little.

I bequeath these awards to the following awesome bloggers. Please choose which one you’d like:

Notquietawake
Shannon O'Donnell
Julie Dao
Just Jemi
Susan Fields
Joanne
L. T. Elliot
M. G. Higgins

Thanks for the awards, friends!

12 comments:

  1. Congrads Jackee. And to all you selected. Some fantastic blogs there. I'll have to check out the ones I don't know.

    Ah yes, the trials of body fat. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    I love how your stories come from your dreams. Never ending supply, huh?

    Happy Sunday! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - thanks Jackee! You'e made my day :)

    Once upon I time I dreamed of being a wildlife biologist - but that meant taking biology & I couldn't do the dissecting. Wimp. But I love the thought of studying our wildlife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the awards. I like the little bits of info about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jackee! And congrats on your awards! I got my hair cut short yesterday (but not that short). Nobody noticed. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are very interesting things to learn about you! I do recycle, but I could be more diligent about it. You inspire me to be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, a fun way to start the week on an upbeat note! And thanks for passing one along my way too ... Happy Spring to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! That's so awesome! I'm very flattered. Especially coming from you. And congrats to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peregrine falcons! I'm so jealous.

    Happy Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was fun to learn more about you. I love that morning sickness story. Ah, the joys of pregnancy. Congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the awards! And congrats on passing them on. I'm not always good at that part of the deal. I felt that way about pushing a Burley in front of me when I walked/jogged and I got used to being able to bring everything but the kitchen sink with me. And coconut milk is nummy. Have you ever made coconut icecream?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the awards! It's fun to learn about you! =)

    ReplyDelete