Thanks to my beautiful blogging BFFs, I have some awards to collect! Thanks to Shannon, the Book Dreamer, and Susan, the Coffee Fiend, for the From Me to You Award and the Creative Writer Award (respectively). Both awards come with strings attached but hey! Of course that’s fine because it just means I have an excuse to rattle on about myself. So here goes:
Me to You: 7 things about me
1. I never liked chocolate until I was pregnant with my second child. Since then I crave it daily.
Which brings me to #2…
2. My favorite chocolate treat is a nightcap of Ovaltine. (I know! What am I, like five years old?! But it’s what I like…)
But lest you think I hang out with only small children all day…
3. I CAN have a mature palate occasionally. These chocolates are my favorite. Try them if you ever get a chance! Your tongue will thank you.
And tongues I can handle, but not…
4. Feet. I hate feet. I hate for people to touch mine, to touch others, and most especially to have feet touch EACH OTHER! *gag* It makes being married to me interesting.
Speaking of married…
5. The Real Mr. Darcy (a.k.a. my husband, Steve) wanted me to put on here that I laugh like Kitty on That 70s Show when I’m nervous. But he fails to mention that I only laugh like that when I’m covering for his social bluntness (a.k.a. asocial RUDENESS), which invariably puts me in awkward positions.
That brings me to #6:
6. I’m really not much of a social person myself but I love animals, manifested by my education, career path, and my repertoire of pets (10 chickens, 2 dogs, 1 rabbit, and a lizard).
It also explains why…
7. I live on three acres, have few neighbors, and have never lived in a city with a population larger than 75,000 people.
I WANT TO PASS THIS AWARD ON TO:
Kristi, the Glorious Foodie
Kristi, the newly published
Bekah, my crit buddy who Writes out of the Ordinary
MG Higgins, former Flagstaff resident and eclectist like me
Please post this award on your blogs and write 7 things about yourself.
Then there's the CREATIVE WRITER AWARD: Where I post 7 lies and a truth (only I cheated and posted 7 truths and a lie).
1. I have a serious fear of pressure cookers and public bathrooms and have reoccurring nightmares about both.
2. I love to play Chess and beat my husband at Simpson’s chess every time we play. (Well, almost every time.)
3. I would love to have a Little Person (e.g. a midget) be my BFF so that we could laugh and sing all day. Their voices are sweet and I have yet to meet one that is not sheer, awesome fun.
4. I once shot a Golden Eagle with a .22 rifle.
5. I've held newborn baby black bears and love how angelic they are when you tuck them into your warm coat.
6. Once I accidentally dropped a backpack 120 feet off a cliff into a raging river and had to race down the trail for a good 1/2 mile to catch it.
7. I read War and Peace for the first time when I was 14 and from then on developed a lifetime love for classic literature.
8. I moved eleven times before I was ten years old.
I WANT TO PASS THIS ONE ON TO: (Please post 7 lies and a truth to your blog along with the award. Or cheat like I did and post 7 truths and a lie.)
Anissa, who speaks Off the Record
Amie B., who loves chocolate as much as I do
Abby Annis, mother of three like me
Angie, who supermoms it up in her Writing Chair
(Yeah, I pretty much cheated and posted all "A" names.)
Happy Monday to all!