Friday, April 16, 2010

Choose Your Own Adventure!

(And yeah, I’m actually going to start with setting for once!)


The advent of a Broad-tailed Hummingbird evoked emotions only the early days of spring could rouse. Warm weather and a gentle breeze forced the house-ridden mother of three outdoors. And nothing, not even the love of her blogging friends, could send her back in again.


That is, until she remembered…


1. Her own mother.

Go to the status update.

2. Her Promised $20 Gift Certificate giveaway.

Go to the winner announcement.

(WARNING: READ THIS SECTION AFTER YOU'VE CLICKED ONE OR TWO ABOVE.)
Three lovely awards from three lovely ladies:

The Sugar Doll Award from Julie Dao at The Silver Lining. When (not if) you visit her blog, make sure you sign up for her 200 followers contest.

The Beautiful Blogger Award from Jemi Fraser at Just Jemi, a must-follow site for writers making their way through the publishing journey.
And, more recently…

The From Me to You Award from the adorable Ann at Inkpots and Quills. Her blog is one of a writer with a traveler’s heart. I can’t fulfill this award without switching my point of view back to first person (because frankly it feels creepy writing about myself in third person).

1. I love Tikka Masala. Someday I hope to travel to London not only because I have a couple books set there, but because I want to go on a one-woman mission to sample all the Tikka Masala stands in the city.
2. If I had all the money I could wish for, I would still live in my little house in the country.

3. It's hard to get to know me in person (even though I have a face that’s like an open book) but once you’re my good friend, you are for life.

4. I love the color green, and I don’t just mean money!

5. I’ve known my husband since he was 17 and I was barely 18. We didn’t like each other very much.

6. I went to Rome for a week and had a hard time even enjoying myself because I missed my daughter (then 3 years old) too much. I can’t wait until they’re older and I can take them on adventures with me!

7. I once hiked 22 miles in one day with a full pack. That was twelve years ago so don’t ask me if I could do that again now.

I pass these lovely awards on to:


Kirsten Torres-Toro @ Write in the Way because she has such a generous heart and blog.

L. T. Elliot @ Dreams of Quill and Ink because she has a sweet strength about her I wish I could convey in my blogging.

Theresa Milstein @ Substitute Teacher’s Saga because she is a great critiquer and has become my good friend over the past few months.

Bethany Wiggins @ Shooting Stars because she is one of the main reasons I popped out of my shy blogging shell.

Bekah @ Write Out of Ordinary because she is another wonderful critiquer, an amazing writer, and I’ve been honored to be her exchange partner for a few years now.

Judith Engracia @ I Eat Books Like You for Breakfast because her waiting emails in my inbox send a great warmth to my heart.

Kristi Thom @ Oh Glorious Food because she is a true friend and the first person to get me into blogging.
I adore these women! But thanks to all my blogging friends, I’m so glad to have met all of you!

24 comments:

  1. What a fun post! And nice way to give awards! Happy to hear about your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun way to include all this info into one post! Was it difficult to do? Glad you are enjoying the outdoors and lovely weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo to the winners! Congrats on the winning. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You sooooooo just made my day. My weekend! Thank you so much. I really needed that boost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all your awards, my dear! You deserve every one. And I LOVED Choose Your Own Adventure books. That was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny with your Choose Your Own Adventure story :) I'm glad to hear your mom is doing better. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on all of your awards and thank you for passing one on to me.

    I'll be thinking about you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Thank you. I hardly know what to say. Thank you, Jackee. Congrats to Terresa and all the other awardees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this--so creative! I, too, LOVED the Choose Your Own Adventure books. Congrats on all the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the awards, and thanks for the fun Choose Your Own Adventure. I used to go through those over and over, choosing all of the different options because I didn't want to miss out on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, Friend! You made my day! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Jackee! After stumbling across your blog from a mutual follower's site, I find myself amazed at the similarities we share. My husband is a cattle farmer in South Alabama, and I, too, would never trade life in the country for fame and fortune. Given that I'm new to the "blogging world," I'd love for you to stop by my blog and check out my info. I wish you the best in your writing career and can't wait to read more of your posts. Have a wonderful weekend, Tory

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was fun! Congrats on the awards - and thanks for the kind words. I'll check out more of these links when I get my own laptop back :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on all the awards! Yay!

    And I LOVE tikka masala, too. And korma! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man! Choose your own adventure! That brought back some memories. And congrats on all the awards and congrats to the winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on all your shiny awards! Well deserved. :o)

    Happy Weekend!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on all your awards. I hope you make it to London, although you better plan to stay a long time and come with a very big appetite. There's a curry joint on over corner.

    I hope that everything goes well for your mom and that she will soon be on her way to recovery.

    What a fun way to post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very informative blog. Thanks for sharing those little tidbits with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jackee! You're so creative! I love how you set this post up. ((HUGS)) to your mom. I'll also pray for her...

    Congrats to the award winning pals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jackee, Thanks for finding me. I just had to comment b/c I too love Tikka Masala!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great post. Congrats on all the awards :o))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your awards! I'm sorry to say, you're not done yet. (Check my blog on Tuesday - hint hint.) I love the Choose Your Own Adventure - I loved those books when I was young! I even tried to write one when I was in about sixth grade (no easy task, let me tell you!)

    ReplyDelete