The advent of a Broad-tailed Hummingbird evoked emotions only the early days of spring could rouse. Warm weather and a gentle breeze forced the house-ridden mother of three outdoors. And nothing, not even the love of her blogging friends, could send her back in again.
That is, until she remembered…
1. Her own mother.
Go to the status update.
2. Her Promised $20 Gift Certificate giveaway.
Go to the winner announcement.
(WARNING: READ THIS SECTION AFTER YOU'VE CLICKED ONE OR TWO ABOVE.)
Three lovely awards from three lovely ladies:
2. If I had all the money I could wish for, I would still live in my little house in the country.
3. It's hard to get to know me in person (even though I have a face that’s like an open book) but once you’re my good friend, you are for life.
4. I love the color green, and I don’t just mean money!
5. I’ve known my husband since he was 17 and I was barely 18. We didn’t like each other very much.
6. I went to Rome for a week and had a hard time even enjoying myself because I missed my daughter (then 3 years old) too much. I can’t wait until they’re older and I can take them on adventures with me!
7. I once hiked 22 miles in one day with a full pack. That was twelve years ago so don’t ask me if I could do that again now.
I pass these lovely awards on to:
Kirsten Torres-Toro @ Write in the Way because she has such a generous heart and blog.
L. T. Elliot @ Dreams of Quill and Ink because she has a sweet strength about her I wish I could convey in my blogging.
Theresa Milstein @ Substitute Teacher’s Saga because she is a great critiquer and has become my good friend over the past few months.
Bethany Wiggins @ Shooting Stars because she is one of the main reasons I popped out of my shy blogging shell.
Bekah @ Write Out of Ordinary because she is another wonderful critiquer, an amazing writer, and I’ve been honored to be her exchange partner for a few years now.
Judith Engracia @ I Eat Books Like You for Breakfast because her waiting emails in my inbox send a great warmth to my heart.
Kristi Thom @ Oh Glorious Food because she is a true friend and the first person to get me into blogging.
I adore these women! But thanks to all my blogging friends, I’m so glad to have met all of you!