Whew! I kind of disappeared again after Spread the Awesome. (BTW, don't forget to sign up for the book giveaway.) Sorry about that! My internet connection has been sporadic all week. And when not completely down, it's been way too slow. (You know those little dragons you can use in Windows rather than the wait hourglasses? Well, we're not friends anymore, the yellow one and I.)
But it’s May! And I can’t stay mad at little, yellow dragons that make me wait when May weather is here. When we don’t have spring, gale-force winds in Flagstaff we have the best weather anywhere—warm, yet never above 80 degrees. And then as summer moves in and the tempuratures start to rise, the monsoons come and cool it down again. I love it.
You know what else I love?
Blog tags and blog awards. Here are a couple I received while I was on blog break last week:
Blogging buddy award from Susan Fields. If she didn’t live so darn far away, I’d give her a hug, just like in the picture (I would be the short, blue one). Susan also tagged me in this cool questionnaire:
Where were you five years ago?
1. Working on a PhD
2. Preparing to move to Flagstaff, AZ and our “first, real job”
3. Hiking all over in the sagebrush and dragging along a two year old with me
4. Eating out way too often, what between traveling all over Utah and living in a city that has some great restaurants
5. Trying to sell our house and HIGHLY stressed out about it
Where would you like to be five years from now?
1. Still writing, hopefully a book a year
2. With at least some of those said books published
3. With all three kids in school (As bittersweet as that will be.)
4. Twenty pounds lighter (this last baby packed it on)
What is your to-do list today?
1. Finish The Laundry Pile of DOOM
2. Write a blog post and hit blogs I missed last week
3. Clean for company
4. Tai chi and yoga practice
What five snacks do you enjoy?
1. Veggie chips & ranch
3. Emerald’s cocoa-covered almonds
4. Coconut M&Ms—tried those today and now I'm hooked!
1. Pay off my house and other debts
2. Set up a dozen different charities
3. Build the addition mentioned above
Next, the lovely Roxy, @ A Woman’s Write gave me pretty Mr. Quillfeather:
I pass him on to some of my new blogging friends:
Michele Emrath @ Southern City Mysteries
Caroline Starr Rose @ Caroline by Line
Natalie Bahm, the Wife, Mother, and Writer
Rayna Iyer @ Coffee Rings Everywhere
Lastly but not leastly, the Wonderful Wendy @ On n' On n' On gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award