I didn’t get my super secret post up yet. Sorry. It’s taking longer than I had hoped and my computer doesn’t like the software I need, so I have to work on it on my husband’s computer when we’re both home and alone. Which is rarely. I’ll post it as soon as I can. In the mean time, I thought I’d throw up a list (as in throw it onto the screen, not as in throw UP all over the screen) of what’s been going on with me.
1. Potty-training the Great Reluctant One… Need I say more?
2. Teething. Which means minimal sleeping going on and a baby who does not want to wean because where is her comfort without that? Not cool, I say. (What about MY comfort?)
3. Arthritis in my hands. Hard to type. (But even with that, I still managed to bust out 2,000 words on my WIP yesterday. The rest of my work load suffered because of it, however.)
4. Long walks. (Running is a much faster form of exercise, I should be doing that. Yeah, except it means I would actually have to RUN. Without anything chasing me.)
5. I was promised four (FOUR!) hours of uninterrupted writing time for Mother’s Day. It’s all I’ve been looking forward to this week.
6. I’ve already told you that three agents have Courtesy and Patience right now. I found another agent that seemed so wonderful I had to send out just. one. more. query.
And so I did.
Problem is that she only accepts exclusives and I didn’t know it. So when she requested the manuscript, I embarrassingly had to tell her it's out to three other agents already and then I looked like I was out to collect as many requests/rejections as I could. (Not the case at all. I am not a sadist, I promise.)
7. And I’m beginning to worry this is all my children see when they look at me. Really, I need to play more, ignore less…
P.S. I'm not a whiner. Okay, I am. But only in fine print.