Neither rain nor sleet nor gloom of night…
can stop the blog party! Poor Sharon, her house has flooded more than once now, so please go over and wish her well. She needs a smile or two. So many people I know are fighting flooding, it makes me hurt for them and feel a little guilty too...
but we're still determined to party on both blogs.
Today’s Winners (according to random.org) are:
1. A.L. Sonnichsen —An at home popcorn party because her list of pet peeves was long and luscious. (Though I admit I blushed… not that I admit to USING some of that country bumpkin slang! Hee, hee.)
2. Brooke —My own little sister! You win a package of gourmet scone mix, since you love breakfasts AND cooking. (But you’d better share with Mom, you know how much she loves scones.)
3. Jen Daiker— (Winning two days in a row!) A pretty clipboard so that her listing of complaints can be long and detailed, as we know it will be because she is far too nice to be Queen of the World.
Please email me your addresses, ladies, @ jackee(dot)alston(at)gmail(dot)com.
Not a winner this time? No worries! There is another chance today and the Grand Prize is still up for grabs. And if you’ve won already, please feel free to play again. Consider it winning one of my gift baskets… one piece at a time. Here’s what you should do to play with us:
FIRST, click here to enter my grand prize giveaway (TBA July 31st). NEXT, go and enter Sharon’s grand prize giveaway. THEN visit both of our blogs for daily prizes.
To play for Friday’s prizes, please answer all three questions (answer creativity is appreciated though not rewarded extra entries). On Friday I’ll announce the three winners for the award that corresponds to the question:
1. What’s your favorite magazine? (G-rated, remember...)
2. How often do you wash your hair?
3. What is your favorite breakfast food?
Thanks for joining in on the fun! See you back here on Friday for the winner announcement and more off-the-wall questions/prizes!
As a side note, I’ve added a feature to the blog that I hope some of you might be interested in. (At least I HOPE you will be interested.) I’m taking questions—any questions--all questions—you writers have about nature, especially plants and animals. If you need help with world building, creating setting, or fact-checking, I’m here and happy to help. See the sidebar for my email address to ask me a question and then I’ll post the answer here for all to benefit. If you like, you can even be anonymous. But I have to ask, is this conceited of me or is it something that might be helpful to others? I mean, I’d hate to waste my nine years of biological education and all. (*Insert mad laughter here.*)
Have a great Wednesday!