Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Double T-800 Blog Party: Day 15

Neither rain nor sleet nor gloom of night…

can stop the blog party! Poor Sharon, her house has flooded more than once now, so please go over and wish her well. She needs a smile or two. So many people I know are fighting flooding, it makes me hurt for them and feel a little guilty too...

but we're still determined to party on both blogs.



Today’s Winners (according to random.org) are:
1. A.L. Sonnichsen —An at home popcorn party because her list of pet peeves was long and luscious. (Though I admit I blushed… not that I admit to USING some of that country bumpkin slang! Hee, hee.)
2. Brooke —My own little sister! You win a package of gourmet scone mix, since you love breakfasts AND cooking. (But you’d better share with Mom, you know how much she loves scones.)
3. Jen Daiker— (Winning two days in a row!) A pretty clipboard so that her listing of complaints can be long and detailed, as we know it will be because she is far too nice to be Queen of the World.

Please email me your addresses, ladies, @ jackee(dot)alston(at)gmail(dot)com.

Not a winner this time? No worries! There is another chance today and the Grand Prize is still up for grabs. And if you’ve won already, please feel free to play again. Consider it winning one of my gift baskets… one piece at a time. Here’s what you should do to play with us:

FIRST, click here to enter my grand prize giveaway (TBA July 31st). NEXT, go and enter Sharon’s grand prize giveaway. THEN visit both of our blogs for daily prizes.

To play for Friday’s prizes, please answer all three questions (answer creativity is appreciated though not rewarded extra entries). On Friday I’ll announce the three winners for the award that corresponds to the question:

1. What’s your favorite magazine? (G-rated, remember...)
2. How often do you wash your hair?
3. What is your favorite breakfast food?

Thanks for joining in on the fun! See you back here on Friday for the winner announcement and more off-the-wall questions/prizes!

As a side note, I’ve added a feature to the blog that I hope some of you might be interested in. (At least I HOPE you will be interested.) I’m taking questions—any questions--all questions—you writers have about nature, especially plants and animals. If you need help with world building, creating setting, or fact-checking, I’m here and happy to help. See the sidebar for my email address to ask me a question and then I’ll post the answer here for all to benefit. If you like, you can even be anonymous. But I have to ask, is this conceited of me or is it something that might be helpful to others? I mean, I’d hate to waste my nine years of biological education and all. (*Insert mad laughter here.*)

Have a great Wednesday!

23 comments:

  1. 1. What’s your favorite magazine? I don't normally read magazines, but I'll say Girlfriend, which is an Australian teen girl mag.

    2. How often do you wash your hair?
    Once every two days... Think of all the extra water usage if I washed my hair every single day!

    3. What is your favorite breakfast food?
    Cereal. Though I like egg on toast, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi miss jackee! wow i cant believe its almost time for the contest to be over. hope i could win just one time. heres my answers for today.

    1. my favourite magazine is ranger rick

    2. mostly every day cause i been swimming every day

    3. captain crunch is my favourite cereal

    ...smiles from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1-Don't really have one. I did just browse a Family Fun magazine in some waiting room and am thinking of subscribing.

    2-Every other day or so. Often have to wet it down in the morning to tame the wings, though.

    3-I love bacon & eggs!!! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winners!

    1 - Okay this is cheesy but I swear I really love when my Writer's Digest comes in the mail! Such great articles.

    2 - Every other day, but I promise I shower every day! LOL!

    3 - Bagels with cream cheese! Love them...such a weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) Women's Weekly
    2) three times a week!
    3. Cereal with marmalade!


    Congrats to the winners! And hugs to Sharon!!

    And you!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I like "In Style" magazine.

    2. If I wear my hair curly, everyday. If I straighten it, then I try to go three days, using dry shampoo each day. If dry shampoo counts, then I wash it everyday. I don't know if I should be sharing this. I do shower everyday.

    3. Vanilla almond granola cereal. I buy it in bulk from Harvest Coop in Cambridge, but I bet they have something similar at Whole Foods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1 - I don't usually do magazines, but I'm always checking out my daughter's Better Homes and Gardens

    2 - every morning

    3 - Special K with yogurt & berries :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. For some reason I like home decorating magazines...I'd like to think that one day maybe my apt/house will look like one of those creative, clean, organized homes...*right!*

    2. Every 2-3 days...

    3. Bagel with Quark and raspberry jam....

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I've had a rough week (not as bad as Sharon, but still) so it's nice to win again! I love it!!!

    Next questions:
    1. Cosmopolitan, they have great pictures for collages. Veranda is another one, beautiful castle edition last week! Just what I needed.
    2. Once a day, what can I say I love the smell of shampoo!
    3. PANCAKES!!!!!! I love them... Cinnamon rolls is a very close second though!

    BTW - I love that you are offering assistance with questions on all things animals, plants, etc. Reminds me of Lydia's Medical Mondays so expect an email from me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think answering nature questions is a wonderful feature!!! I just love that Lydia Kang answers medical questions on her blog, and this can be just as helpful. Thank you so much for doing that! I don't have any questions at the moment, but I'm sure some will arise at some point. Now, on to today's questions:

    1. Writer's Digest is the only magazine I read.
    2. Every time I run or every other day, whichever is more frequent.
    3. Omelets - preferably with tomatoes and mushrooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. I like the magazine Real Simple, but I only buy it twice a year (once at Christmas and once in the Summer.)

    2. Every other day.

    3. Breakfast Burrito!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The party continues! My favorite magazine is UsWeekly. I'm addicted. It's just so relaxing to see "Stars--Just Like Us" picking out toilet paper or going to the ATM. And I smile at the Fashion Police, gasp at the lead stories, and snicker at the random quotes. Guilty pleasure? Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. People magazine.
    2. Every 2 days.
    3. Eggs Benedict without meat, hot tea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. Family Fun
    2. Every Day (or gross!!!)
    3. capt'n crunch - peanut butter crunch

    You might as well use your knowledge (aka biology degree) to help others. Mine just sits there slowly leaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. Fav magazine. I really don't have one.

    2. Wash hair? Just about everyday.

    3. Fav breakfast food. Waffles with tons of butter. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hum. I don't really have an answer for number one. Two, when it needs it about every two days and three, crepes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. Us Weekly, it's a guilty pleasure
    2. Probably 4-5 times a week
    3. a cake donut with sprinkles. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I won, I won, I WON!! :D I will make some yummy scones and of course, share with Mom! Thanks, Jack! You are the best sister a food and book loving person could have! :D Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jackee!

    1. Love "Style at Home"
    2. I use shampoo about every 4th day (is that gross?? I have very thick dry hair...no oily roots for me!)
    3. Love cereal!!! Any Kashi kind ~ it's like eating a tree- mmmm

    Have a lovely evening!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1. I don't read magazines anymore, except for the occasional teen one--for research. ;)

    2. I wash my hair every day. If I'm lazy, every other day.

    3. Oatmeal. I'm going to be suffering big time in LA without it. :(

    Woo hoo, Jen!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. What’s your favorite magazine? (G-rated, remember...) Writer's Digest
    2. How often do you wash your hair? Every day if I can but if I am staying home then I might skip one day!
    3. What is your favorite breakfast food?
    Oatmeal and bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think your advice idea is wonderful!!! I'll be using it, I'm sure.

    1. I used to read horse training magazines... then discovered I learn a lot more from DVDs...based on other comments I think I'll sign up for Writer's Digest!

    2. Every other day. What an odd question!

    3. My own version of the egg mcMuffin. Breakfast quiche. Hot cinnamon rolls. Biscuits. Waffles. Southwestern omelets. OMG I could go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats to the winners! I'm not entering this one, but I'll send my well wishes to all those who do!

    ReplyDelete