Saturday, July 31, 2010

T-800 Double Blog Party Winner Announced

The winner of the Grand Prize Drawing is…

Out of 55 entries…





Mari Goodman!



Mari swears she never wins anything, but this is the third time she’s won on this blog, so I think she’s come into her own luck!

She wins a $15 gift card to Best Buy, a $15 gift card to Barnes and Noble, and a year’s subscription to the magazine of her choice.

Congrats, Mari! (I’ll bring over your prizes when I bring you your birthday gift… a month late. Ha, ha.)

Thanks to all for playing, for being such good sports with the off-the-wall questions, and for being my friends. A special thanks to Sharon, whose great idea this party was. We had a ball giving away stuff!

And just because I wanted to join in on the fun, here are my answers to the questions. Check back Monday and I’ll answer Sharon’s too. Then on Wednesday I’ll answer my first Wild Wednesday question (I’m looking at you, Jen Daiker)!

1. What’s more important to you, shoes or food? Foodie, all the way. But give me a good Dansko, and I might waffle.
2. Are you a lister or a Post-it all over the office type? Both. But I lose them all every time.
3. If you could choose your own last name, what would it be? Love. I love Love.
4. MG Fantasy or YA Sci-fi? MG Fantasy!
5. Like life sweet or salty? Both. Together.
6. A picture or a word person? Words definitely
7. If your life was an open notebook, what would the headline read? My Many Shades of Green
8. At home do you like to go barefoot, slippered, socked, or shoed? Anything is better than barefeet. HATE barefeet. Hate feet period.
9. You’ve heard it said everything you need to know you learn in Kindergarten? Name one of those things. Never wear a dress on the jungle gym
10. What’s your favorite cookie? Chocolate chip oatmeal… with many close seconds (including shortbread with Nutella)
11. What is the wildest thing you’ve ever done? As a high school Senior, I invited a teenage kid to come home and be adopted by my parents. Turned out he was a sociopath.
12. What is one of your favorite smells? Many! Lavendar, Pine, Magic Marker, Gasoline, Jasmine, Ginger, Baking Cookies, Baking Bread, and Baby Smell
13. What is an interesting bedtime ritual you have? Like Kelly, I set a hand on each of my kids' chests to check to make sure they’re breathing.
14. What is an interesting morning ritual you have? Recapping my dreams. Great writing fodder.
15. Have you ever known a “one-upper” and if so, what was it they did/said? Bought a house they couldn’t afford
16. Favorite meal of the day? Breakfast
17. What is your biggest pet peeve, the thing that can heat you up so fast you’ll pop your hull? People who are too dumb to know they’re being rude or cruel. Deliberate rudeness doesn’t really bother me
18. If you were king/queen of the world, what would be the first thing on your “To Do” clipboard? Stop abuse of women, children, and animals
19. Favorite breakfast food? All? Lately my favorites are beignets and fresh fruit together
20. What’s your favorite magazine? Scientific American
21. How often do you wash your hair? Every day (and yes, I know it’s not good for my hair or the environment)

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Mari Goodman! And thank you so so so so much to you and the lovely Sharon K Mayhew for such a fab and fun blogfest! I had such a great time answering the questions!

    And thanks for sharing your answers! It's funny how you don't like feet! LOL!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Mari!...I've enjoyed your fun, generous game and appreciate you taking the time to share your answers as well...I'm especially glad to have found your blog through wonderful Sharon!...Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great contest!

    Loved your answers. Speaking of danskos....have you seen the patten-leather leopard clogs?

    (Might have to get them....coolest shoe I've seen for fall)

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel sheepish:) Thanks a ton!!!

    Thanks for sharing your answers. Now I know what cookies to make for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Mari!

    #11 was too funny. I hate when you invite people to live with you, and then they turn out to be sociopaths!

    Actually, that did happen to my friend when we were in junior high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check on my kids before I go to bed too. Just to make sure they are okay. =)

    Congrats to Mari! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Mari :)

    A sociopath? Gasoline? Really??? There's gotta be a really interesting story behind that first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Mari!

    You wouldn't get on well with my kids, Jackee. They like to stick their feet on people, especially me. I'm not sure why, but all three of them do it.

    I'm sorry about the sociopath. I befriended one my freshman year of college, and it was a traumatic experience for my whole apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to all the winners! You and Sharon did so much work for this terrific contest. I hope both you ladies take a well deserved break!

    Happy Weekend Jackee!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jackeeeeeee....I'm back...(said in a creepy stretched out voice)

    I love your answers to my questions! I didn't get what you meant in your email, so my next post will be the answers t my questions. I'll do the answers to your questions next.

    It was so much fun doing it together, but not commenting each day on each others blog or our own was hard...

    I hope everyone enjoyed the randomness...Sometimes it's not about the prize, it's bout hte fun you had getting it...(Think Dave and Busters, Chucky Cheese...carnival)

    I'm looking forward to reading your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You threw a great contest! I think one of the most creative one yet that I've seen:) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, Mari!

    I loved reading your answers. I especially like your life headline. And #9 made me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi miss jackee! it was funs seeing all the answers to your own questions. the foot one made me laugh cause you hate feet. ha ha. big congrats to miss marie for being the big winner. you and miss sharon did a really fun contest. i got a prize in the mail yesterday. mango gum was part of it! i got one more coming from miss sharons blog. yipee! i hope you guys to another fun contest some time.
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your answers. I can't believe how many prizes you guys sent out to all the other winners! How wonderfully generous of you. And just CURIOUS, so did you get any good character fodder from the answers to your questions? GRINNNNNN

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats, Mari!

    You're awesome, Jackee. It was fun learning more about you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Mari! Guess Jackee's your good luck charm, eh?

    Great answers too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to Mari for winning such wonderful treats!

    I enjoyed reading your answers. Looking forward to more. Bummed I couldn't partake in the party due to computer woes. Hopefully that is all behind me now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jackee,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog...Even better though was that I've now found yours- I was just scrolling your past posts and saw all of the amazing giveaways. How did it take me so long to find such fabulousness?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to Mari!
    OMG, I loved your answers! Three cheers for people who love sweet and salty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to Mari! Such a fun contest. I'm going to miss all the random questions. :)

    ReplyDelete