The winner of the Grand Prize Drawing is…
Out of 55 entries…
Mari swears she never wins anything, but this is the third time she’s won on this blog, so I think she’s come into her own luck!
She wins a $15 gift card to Best Buy, a $15 gift card to Barnes and Noble, and a year’s subscription to the magazine of her choice.
Congrats, Mari! (I’ll bring over your prizes when I bring you your birthday gift… a month late. Ha, ha.)
Thanks to all for playing, for being such good sports with the off-the-wall questions, and for being my friends. A special thanks to Sharon, whose great idea this party was. We had a ball giving away stuff!
And just because I wanted to join in on the fun, here are my answers to the questions. Check back Monday and I’ll answer Sharon’s too. Then on Wednesday I’ll answer my first Wild Wednesday question (I’m looking at you, Jen Daiker)!
1. What’s more important to you, shoes or food? Foodie, all the way. But give me a good Dansko, and I might waffle.
2. Are you a lister or a Post-it all over the office type? Both. But I lose them all every time.
3. If you could choose your own last name, what would it be? Love. I love Love.
4. MG Fantasy or YA Sci-fi? MG Fantasy!
5. Like life sweet or salty? Both. Together.
6. A picture or a word person? Words definitely
7. If your life was an open notebook, what would the headline read? My Many Shades of Green
8. At home do you like to go barefoot, slippered, socked, or shoed? Anything is better than barefeet. HATE barefeet. Hate feet period.
9. You’ve heard it said everything you need to know you learn in Kindergarten? Name one of those things. Never wear a dress on the jungle gym
10. What’s your favorite cookie? Chocolate chip oatmeal… with many close seconds (including shortbread with Nutella)
11. What is the wildest thing you’ve ever done? As a high school Senior, I invited a teenage kid to come home and be adopted by my parents. Turned out he was a sociopath.
12. What is one of your favorite smells? Many! Lavendar, Pine, Magic Marker, Gasoline, Jasmine, Ginger, Baking Cookies, Baking Bread, and Baby Smell
13. What is an interesting bedtime ritual you have? Like Kelly, I set a hand on each of my kids' chests to check to make sure they’re breathing.
14. What is an interesting morning ritual you have? Recapping my dreams. Great writing fodder.
15. Have you ever known a “one-upper” and if so, what was it they did/said? Bought a house they couldn’t afford
16. Favorite meal of the day? Breakfast
17. What is your biggest pet peeve, the thing that can heat you up so fast you’ll pop your hull? People who are too dumb to know they’re being rude or cruel. Deliberate rudeness doesn’t really bother me
18. If you were king/queen of the world, what would be the first thing on your “To Do” clipboard? Stop abuse of women, children, and animals
19. Favorite breakfast food? All? Lately my favorites are beignets and fresh fruit together
20. What’s your favorite magazine? Scientific American
21. How often do you wash your hair? Every day (and yes, I know it’s not good for my hair or the environment)