Sunday, August 8, 2010

Burning Questions Answered

Golly! Everyone had great questions for me. In fact, I couldn’t have thought up better ones myself. Thank you so much, ladies!

Shelley (Storyqueen) asked: So, what's going on with Courtesy and Patience? Every time I read that one sentence description, I think, "Man, that is a great book!" (And I love the title, too!)
My answer: You are so sweet to me, Shelley, thanks for asking! C & P has been with half a dozen agents since March. I’ve heard from most of them recently. They are enjoying reading it, but will not be finished until the end of this month. So I should know something soon!

Susan Fields and Jacqueline asked: What's your all-time favorite book? Movie?
My answer: Great question, but hard for me to answer! I rarely have a favorite anything because I have such eclectic tastes. So here are my favorites in clumps:
Books: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein, Airman by Eoin Colfer, and The Queen’s Thief trilogy by Megan Whalen Turner. These are ones I can read over and over again.
Movies: The Lord of the Rings (extended versions), Fiddler on the Roof, Traitor, Amazing Grace, Miss Potter, The Importance of Being Ernest, Princess Bride, and Harry Potter 1 & 2.


Old Kitty asked: What is your favourite day of the week and er.. why?
My answer: Another good question, Jenn! I love Fridays because the weekend is so open to possibility (and I get to have my husband home more). Also, I love Mondays because I’m antsy to get things accomplished in the fresh, new week.

Aubrie asked: What's the best part about living in Northern Arizona?
My answer: I adore this question, Aubrie! Flagstaff is awesome because we’re high (7k feet), up in the mountains and pine trees, but yet so close to a variety of places to explore. I have the redrocks of Southern Utah at my finger tips, the Grand Canyon, the high mountain deserts, and the aspen groves of the peaks. All within four hours or less from my front door. Plus Flagstaff is a pretty fun town in its own right (though it’s a bit expensive to live here).

Lenny asked: What’s your most favorite food and what about hobbies you like to do?
My answer: I love you, Lenny, and I love your question too! First, I have many foods I like and spend a lot of time cooking (so add that to my hobby list as well). I definitely have a sweet tooth, though, and eat far too many cookies and cakes. I’ve never been known to turn down anything with coconut, crab, or pesto in it either. Generally I plan my weekly dinner menus with every night a different cultural influence: Thai, Indian, Southern US, Southwestern, Italian, Spanish, and Greek are my favorites. One day I hope to try Egyptian and Moroccan foods because they look delicious! As far as hobbies, I love anything where I get to be outdoors or get to create some thing with my hands. I go through spells where I do one or two hobbies more than others and then move on to another interest for a time. Right now (besides writing and reading) I’ve been canoeing, fishing, hiking, gardening, practicing Tai chi, and tiling mosaic tables a lot. It’s a joke around here that I’m a Jackee of all trades and a master of none. I showed this table before, but now I’ve picked up where I've left off years ago and am finishing it while I watch the kids play outside.
Mari asked: I know you have favorite M&M's. What kind was it and who in this small town of ours sells them?
My answer: I went through a HUGE coconut M&M phase. Although, since June when I went no sugar for the whole month, I don’t crave candy of any kind. (Cookies and cake are another story.) If you’re looking for them in Flag, you can find a bulk box of them at Sam’s Club (of course, where else do I shop?!) along with one of pretzel M&Ms.

Terri asked: How long have you been blogging and do you love it or not?
My answer: I love blogging! Most of all I love the dear friends I have made here. I have to be careful though, because I am prone to let it take over time with my kids and my writing. When I don’t visit every friend’s blog post I feel bad… but not as bad as I feel when I neglect my family! Originally I started blogging on a private, family blog to document what was going on with my kids. That was January 5th, 2008. Then I started this blog in August 2008 but was too shy to really reach out to others until this year. Now I’m not sure how I survived the writing journey before without this blog!

And just for fun, here are my kids posing on this weekend’s camping trip. The Boy is sporting his chocolate chip pancake face. Would you believe that baby—my baby!—is turning ONE on Tuesday? I can hardly believe it!

19 comments:

  1. Your kids are so adorable! Thanks for posting that picture - it's great to see them!

    Amazing Grace is one of my all-time favorite movies, too (along with LOTR, of course!)

    It was so much fun to learn more about you. You have so many interests and hobbies - I'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOGoodness your kids are so cute! Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

    I love the photo of your mosaic table. I love cooking shows, but am not the best cook. I do like making cooking for parites though...

    My daughter and I adore coconut m & m's since you introduced us to them. :)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture of your kiddos!

    I'm bummed that I missed the Question part of this, but everyone else did such a great job with the questions that I guess I'm okay.

    I was happy Shelley asked my question for me and to see a picture of your tree mosaic. You will post a picture when you finish, won't you? And I can't wait to hear which agent snags you and your book. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting post=I really enjoyed reading your answers!..Such a cool mosaic table...Your children are all beautiful; I hope you guys enjoy a fun celebration for your baby's first birthday!...Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - you are such an action woman author!! Yay!!

    And thank you for answering my question! You are about the only person I know on this planet who likes Mondays!! LOL!! But for such a lovely reason too!

    And your children are super adorable!!!! Awwww they;re lovely - I hope you all enjoyed your camping trip! Happy ONE YEAR old birthday to your baby!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable photo!

    I love cooking too. We like many of the same types of foods too. I hope one day we get to share a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous kids!!!

    This is a fun post! It sounds like you like in such beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute kids! AW!

    I love these questions and I really enjoyed your answers! Coconut M&Ms! I've never heard of such things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kids are adorable and aren't you brave going camping with a one-year-old!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, that picture is soooo cute!

    Happy Birthday, Baby!

    And I am glad to hear that C and P are out in agentland.

    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for LOTR extended versions. Oh and Sedona is like my favorite place on the planet--and you live right there...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh those red glasses are the BEST! Thanks for sharing all your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great questions, and great answers too. It's nice to get to know you better. I love Lord of the Rings too. You're kids are cuties. I know how you feel. My baby is almost THREE! (And my oldest is now a senior in high school. I'm a bit freaked out.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi miss jackee! wow eating at you house is like going out to a restaurant mostly every night and from a different country. i could like to try all of that stuff. that table is soooo cool. that a neat hobby for sure. i learned a little tai chi and its real good stuff. wow your kids are real neat looking.
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that tiled picture is amazing! What an awesome thing to do! That's so house worthy, (meaning when I get a house I'm going to steal it, lol)

    This was so much fun! What a fun piece! I'm not sure anyone would ask me questions, at least fun one's like you've done! To awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun Q & A blog post! What a fun way to learn more about you.

    Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice to learn more about you in your answers here. And that pic of your kids is adorable!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jackee of all trades and master of none! Ha that is great! Loved the mosaic table and learning more about you

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable kids! :}

    I lived in Arizona for two years, but unfortunately I never got the chance to visit The Grand Canyon. And man, do I want to see it now!

    ReplyDelete