As promised, here are my answers to Sharon’s Really Random Questions for the giveaway. But first I need to give you a couple links to check out:
#1) Abby Annis' blog. I won her two hundred follower contest. I admit I feel guilty winning another person’s 200 follower fest, but check out the prizes I won and you’ll know why I’m smiling. While you’re there get to know Abby. She’s amazing! And one of my oldest blogging friends. Thank you again, Abby!
#2) Candyland has interviewed Lenny. If you haven't seen comments from Lenny around the blogosphere, you will soon and they'll make you smile. Guarantee it. He is an adorable kid with a heart of gold! Please go and say hi to him and introduce yourself!
#3) Annnnnndddddd... my answers:
1. Do you take baths? As often as the kids will let me!
2. If you were a fruit, what kind would you be? Strawberry—red and luscious.
3. Are you a cat? Only if I can be pampered in the process!
4. Do you have teeth? If the answer is yes, what do you do with them? Yes, and I’m pretty hard on them, biting things open I shouldn't!
5. When you wake up in the morning what is the first thing you do? I write and check my email.
6. What phobia does Howie Mandel have? Do you have it? Howie is afraid they’ll find out he doesn’t have the credentials to be a judge on America’s Got Talent. And no, I've no desire to be on a show. :o)
7. If you were going to re carpet my basement, what tool might you need? A phone number. :o)
8. What should you do right before you go to bed? (G-Rated blog warning) Check to make sure my kids are okay and asleep in their beds, then I pray.
9. If you were at a posh restaurant and ordered your favorite tea, what flavor would you order? Peppermint!
10. If you were in the kitchen at 7p.m. what would you be doing? Getting the kids their dessert
11. What is your favorite snow cone or icy flavor? Watermelon
12. After you sneeze it's a good idea to ___________________. Use your elbow.
13. Funky socks or practical ones? Funky as long as they’re soft and snuggly.
14. You're at a wonderful diner, they make the BEST fruit pies. What flavor do you order? Strawberry Rhubarb
15. Are you an international spy or traveler? I wish I was more of the latter!
16. Name your favorite pick me up drink. Fuze
17. I say cookie, you say _________________________. Leche!
18. You are trapped on a deserted dessert island and all you have to drink is flavored water. What flavor do you drink first? Lime!
19. If you see a mouse in your house, what do you do? Get a trap and lock it in a room by itself.
20. Describe the inside of your desk drawer. Cluttered.
21. If I was to give you a pile of photographs what would you do with them? Put them in box and pretend I’m going to put them in an album someday.
22. When you go on vacation, do you take notes? Yes! Travel books, internet sites, and copious amounts of research notes. :o)
23. Tropical or local? Both!
24. It's 1 a.m. and you're at Waffle House, what do you order to drink? Hot chocolate.
25. If you could visit any kind of fruit farm, what would it be and why? I love apple orchards.
26. Do you wash your hands regularly? Yes, too often! My hands are always dry and cracked.
27. You are on a trip to Iceland to do research. What research tool do you take with you? Lap top and a generator
28. While in Iceland, your lips get very dry. What flavor chap stick do you use? Any berry flavor
29. If someone throws a ball and yells fetch what do you do? Send my kids after it.
30. You are having Tea with the Queen. You are offered a variety of crepes. What kind do you order? Strawberry and kiwi
31. You have a big day ahead of you. What do you do to make sure you get everything done? List the items and then enlist help!
32. Do you have a kitchen? Yes! I love my big kitchen.
33. What's your favorite donut filling? When was the last time you had it? Maple custard and it’s been awhile!
34. It's about 4 months until winter. What will you need to protect your hands in the winter? Gloves.
35. Journal or computer? Computer, but I wish I was better at journaling!
36. If you were to find a bone, what would you do? Break it in half and give it to my dogs (Siberian Huskies).
37. What's your favorite fruit roll up? Strawberry.
38. Carry on or cargo? Carry on! I’m cheap, what can I say?
39. Writer or reader? Writer first!
40. Tell me something surprising about yourself: I can make a really loud popping noise with my tongue on my lips or teeth. :o)
So what are everyone’s big hopes/plans for the week? It’s a rainy week here so I'm going to get a lot done indoors!