Friday, December 31, 2010
Looking Back, Moving Forward
What a ride 2010 has been! Some of the wonderful things that happened to me this year are:
* I met all of you, so many amazing, new blogging friends. Many of you chose to follow my little Winded Words, bringing my list from twenty-something to almost 350. Thank you! But most of all, thank you for your friendships! I’m a better person for having met so many of you.
* I finished another novel. (Go, Jedda, go!)
* I had many requests for Courtesy and Patience. Though none of them panned out, I’ve learned invaluable things about the business.
* Because of blogging, I have FOUR new incredible critique partners. (You are stellar, ladies!!)
* My mother beat cancer for a second time! It took 10 months of chemo, two clinical trials, monthly trips to Albuquerque, and hundreds of prayers, but she’s healing well. Here’s to years of remission!
* I have the most beautiful and bright family who continue to amaze me as they grow into people that leave me in awe every day. (I might be biased, though….)
I have so many things to be thankful for this year, but those are the few I want to sing about. And as 2011 approaches, I’m curious to see what will happen. For me, there’s something about the double years……..
1977 The year I was born
1988 The year I wrote my first novel (A trite story about a tom-girl named Gem Shoe.)
1999 I married my husband
Happy New Year, everyone!