Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I’m Backkkk!!!

Hello, everyone! After over a month’s hiatus, I think I’ve pulled my head back together enough to return to blogging. Oh, who am I kidding? I’ll never get it together enough to satisfy myself, but I just missed you all too much! So I’m back.
Here are a few things I’ve been up to:
~ My little boy’s birthday was Valentine’s Day. He turned four. Between school parties and birthday/V-day celebrations, what a sugar coma that day was.
~ My friends and I have put together half a dozen school kits (see this post) and have three dozen more in the works right now, ready to sew and fill. It feels so good to know I’m getting somewhere with my 127-kit-goal. Thanks to all of you who have contributed to this project.
~ I started writing a new book and am very excited though still too nervous to talk much about it. Soon, I promise. I’m horrible with secrets.
~ I started rereading my critique buddy Susan Field’s wonderful Killing Kessler. How I love her writing. (Yay for Susan!)
~ Edited my Jedda Hitler book enough to get it into my first reader’s hands (aka The Husband). We’ll see what he says then it’s off to a few of you who have asked for it.
~ Organized my exciting return to blogging party—complete with author interviews and book giveaways. (Come back Friday for the first one. Then return for four more Friday interview/giveaways after that. A couple hints about who you might meet… March 1st is…

Happy birthday to Lindsay Eland!
Happy book birthday to Lisa and Laura Roecker!

How was your February? What is new? Did anyone get a book deal or a new agent? Any great new blogfests going on? I need details, people, details! :o)

Happy March Day to all!

Big Hugs,
Jackee

26 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy! Welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you made good use of your time. A new novel.....hmmm, exciting!

    Isn't Kessler good!!!!!! Susan is such a good writer. You should read her other two books!

    I'm so glad you are back....we all missed you.

    (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Welcome baaaaaaaaaack!!! Happy birthday to your little boy! Awwwwwwww!

    And look at your very successful school kits' drive!!! Wonderful!!

    My a new novel in the making?!?! BRILLIANT!!!!

    There are a couple of blogfests that are popular amongst the writerly bloggers - there's a "crusade" thing going plus an "a-z blogging challenge". I'm not participating in either (hey I'm a bona fide loner! LOL!) but there are a load of blogs that I follow who've signed up!! I think the ever so amazing Susan Fields has joined both if not one of these?

    Anyway!!!! Yay that you're baaaaaaaaack!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Thanks for sharing all the cool stuff you've been up to (great job with the kits). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered where you had been, I missed you! I'm getting ready for a huge move and have lots of school supplies no longer needed (empty nest and all that). I'd love to send them to you if you are still in need of them. Just let me know via email if you want them and where to send them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Glad you are back. Missed you. My husband's birthday is Valentine’s Day too. Actually practically everyone in my family has a birthday in February. Glad to see the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEY!! I want to be your second reader of Jedda and I haven't heard anything about this new book. Fill me in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! Sounds like you've been busy in wonderful ways. I look forward to the interviews and giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Oooh, a new book. That's always exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jackee, you are so sweet! I'm really glad you're enjoying Kessler (even the second time!)

    I hope your little boy had a wonderful birthday (what a great day to be born!), and that's wonderful news about the school kids. You go, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops - make that school kits, not school kids.

    And I just read Old Kitty's comment - she's also so sweet! And she's right, I'm doing Rachael Harrie's Crusade and loving it! I was too nervous to try that and the A-Z Challenge together, but I've seen a ton of bloggers in that challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back! February has been cahos around here - sadly I didn't get much writing even done - but life was full and productive anyway! Sounds like yours is pretty much the same - enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're back! :D February...strep, stomach bug, strep. Needless to say, happy March is here.
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blogosphere is a brighter place with you in it. I'm looking forward to whatever you have planned (and Jedda, whenever she swings by my place). :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to have you back, Jackee. That's great news about your school kits, well done! You're amazing.

    My February was weird and busy and really really short. I still can't believe that we're in March.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back, Jackee! I'd give you details on the blogosphere happenings if I were more "with it," but unfortunately I'm not. I am glad you're back, though!

    And happy belated birthday to your sweet little four-year-old!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for doing that the story you shared was awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back, Jackee! It's amazing all that you've been doing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi miss jackee! hooray youre back!
    wow you did soooo much on that break. now you could need a break from your break. ha ha. i missed you lots!
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back! So cool about the school kits AND the new book! Happy belated birthday to your little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay glad to see you are back! And awesome that you are making progress with writing and with those school kits. I am so close to finishing a first draft that I am giddy, but at the same time tearing my hair out, it's so hard to pull everything together into a conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome back! And how nice of you to show the school packets--you rock!

    Feb? Lots of chocolate, tons of snow, and maybe a little bit of crazy. I'm glad March is here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Jackee. WELCOME BACK to blogging. You were missed. Happy Birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've been a busy woman. I'm still editing my WiP, but doing serious pre-planning on my next project. Welcome back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So it's true. Wildlife biologists do have a wild life.

    ReplyDelete