Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What Blogging Has Given Me


Blogging has given me...
  • An outlet to discover my writing voice.
  • Friends to meet, some to treasure forever (click on the sidebar links under betas, you’ll be glad you did).
  • A place to soul search. (Between this and my private, family blog, this will be my 424th post.)
  • A professional connection arena, since those are limited in my small town.
  • Courage to declare myself a writer (and to show what it is I write).
  • A world outside of raising young children when needed.
  • A vast amount of people who motivate me to be more, to do more, learn more.
  • Greater knowledge about many topics, but especially on writing craft.
  • People I wouldn’t normally get to interact with, but a place where geographic boundaries no longer matter.
  • A greater understanding of myself and my passions.
  • Empty space to brag about my kids.
  • Better editing skills… okay, maybe not that….

From this list you can see blogging has been about building relationships for me. After a summer of deep evalution on if I want to conintue blogging or not, I’m here to stay. I love the relationships I’ve gained here and have missed posting and visiting. No more once a month jaunts. I’m back, baby!

Q4U: What has blogging given you?

15 comments:

  1. Jackee! I love that mantis picture. So cool. Blogging has given me friends, and they have given me the rest. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should reevaluate what we're doing and if it's helping. I've been doing the same thing and have found blogging worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the lovely praying mantis!

    Oooh blogging's given me a fun distraction from the everyday!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've pulled back a lot this summer as well, but I don't think I could ever completely quit because like you said, it's given me so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your last paragraph sums me up exactly! Over my blog break this summer, I had to seriously consider if I would continue, and in the end I decided I get so much out of blogging I just can't give it up. I'm back, too, baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you tenfold! I absolutely love the friendships that blogging creates. I love meeting people with the same aspirations and interests!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi miss jackee! wow! im soooo happy to see you! :) yikes! theres so much im getting from blogging the list could reach up to the sky. but the most best part is YOU and all the cool friends just like you.
    ...smiles and sunshine and big hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well put. It's all about the relationships. I'm glad you're staying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that picture! I think blogging has given me all that too. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you'll be sticking around! Blogging has opened a whole world for me. So many people I'd never have met otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I couldn't give up all the great friends I've made, either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally agree! Blogging is all about the people and the connections. And the things I've learned as well - but mostly the people :) Glad you've decided to continue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'm so excited you decided to stick with it. What would the blogosphere be without Jackee, I ask you? Bereft, that's what!

    I love blogging. I'm a firm believer in no-stress blogging. I blog when I can and when I want to. Usually that turns out to be twice a week. ;) And I love the blogging community. It's awesome!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you've come down on the side of sticking with us bloggers. For me one of your best points is the 'no geographical boundaries' one. As someone who's always been a reluctant traveller, I love meeting up with people from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jackeeee...It's September. (Just sayin.)

    Blogging has brought so much to my life. It's brought me friends from across the world. Many of whom I hope to meet someday.

    Blogging brought my family a certain family. We all think about them in our daily lives. Walter has brought home things that he thought they would like. The other day we were out shopping and my daughter said, "Oh that would be perfect for..." It makes me so proud that they feel the same way as I do about someone they've never met.

    (September....)

    So glad that blogging brought me you. :D

    ReplyDelete