Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Perfect Pitch Entry

Hooray! I just found out about Brenda Lee's great Perfect Pitch Contest and had to enter. Namely because the agent is one of the coolest agents from one of the coolest agencies. Go check out all the great entries! (And if you are here for more Baby Steps of Writing, there will be more of those the end of the week! <3)


Title. Jedda Hitler: Traitor to the Party
Genre. YA Historical Adventure
Word Count: 65,000 words

Pitch. Raised, groomed, and kept apart, Jedda Hitler was her grandfather’s personal project to prove that even a small girl could be turned into a killing machine.

Excerpt:
Grandfather would never have allowed such incompetence in his army. That is all I have to say about him. He is no longer my concern.
Right now I have only to save myself.
Sagging belly and paunchy eyes, my jailer leans carelessly against the bathroom wall. He is a Brown Shirt, Nazi paramilitary. But where discipline was once religion, it is replaced by indolence. He disgusts me.
He would not be so at ease if he knew how loose his men tied my wrists.
I could kill him now if I wished.
But I want information.
“Give me your name.” His voice echoes. We are underground, in a tunnel. He believes he is the one interrogating.
“Your name!”
“I think you already know,” I say.
A self-satisfied tightness crosses his lips. He has his prize.
“Where are we?” I ask, doing my best to appear dazed.
“North of Mosbach.”

20 comments:

  1. Good luck with the contest, Jackee! Go, Jedda, go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackee~ Did you leave your pitch in the comments of the official entry post over at Brenda's? I don't think it will count unless you post it there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck!! I would love to do this pitch, but I'm re-editing the beginning of my novel. Dang. Oh well, next time.

    Have a fantastic day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THIS I would read - highly original and highly controversial!

    Good luck - this is great:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jackee!! You GO GIRRRL!!! This sounds just perfect, pitch and excerpt are very very very strong!! I have all my bendy bits crossed for you!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the contest - you've got a great entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pitch, Jackee. Great excerpt too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! I didn't know you were blogging again. It looks like I have some catching up to do. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Pitch. Good Luck Jackee! Fingers and toes crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your writing style, wonderful info , appreciate it for putting up : D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Check out my blog - you got a request for a full manuscript from Ammi-Joan Paquette - http://brenleedrake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, great beginning. I like the voice. Good luck, Jackee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw the wonderful news in the comments. That's awesome!!!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi miss jackee! yippeeee!!! hooray!!! im tossing confeti all over you and your blog. miss sharon said you get to send your whole ms. wow! how cool is that. im soooo excited and happy!!!
    ...big hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, congratulations on this! When I read through the entries this one stuck out for me, too. Can't wait to hear more!
    ps. I stopped by from beautiful chaos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love everything I've read so far in Jedda....I can't wait for you to get it published!

    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete